Wednesday 6 May 2015

My Favourite Food


My favourite food is waffles with the exception of ice-cream. It is by far my favourite food because it is so yummy and awesome. The other day I had ice-cream on bread, but it was pretty disappointing. It was just missing the thing that makes waffles so awesome, crunchy/crispness. I tried over the next few days to replicate this awesomeness, but failed at it sorely. One of the options I tried was Marie biscuits and it was too crispy and the bread I tried was a ciabatta (bread) and it was too soft. The toaster waffles are pretty good, but are not as good as fresh waffles that I am yet to try those. The best thing I have had close to a fresh waffle is a French toast with bacon and berries. I imagine that a fresh waffle is crispy and light, but the best part is the topping. What I would suggest is caramel and sea salt ice-cream or Nutella. Berries are also good, but turn the waffle soggy if alone. I have also heard that some people enjoy their waffles with fried chicken and in the near future I hope to run to my nearest KFC and get some juicy chicken for my waffles. So in the end for me waffles are the best food/desert in the world whether alone or with toppings.

1 comment:

  1. My favourite childhood memory was going to Milky Lane and getting the Plain waffle and then seeing that carrier of 10 different syrups arriving at the table! Mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete